Friday, March 11, 2011

FICTIONIST

I was introduced to this band recently while flipping through the pages of Rolling Stone...they posted a host of unsigned bands to their website, and one would be voted to be on the cover. I went and listened to the bands and Fictionist immediately caught my...ear?
Their understated, yet still rock and roll tone is one often sought after by many bands, and Fictionist has achieved it. Songs like "Human Wings" showcases the beautiful songwriting and emotional side to the band. Their incredible lyrics continue to shine through in songs like "Before I'm Old", with lyrics like "If the me back then, could see me now, would I shake my head, and wonder how", the songs stretch to both the up and coming generation, and the people who've been here for a while.
Listening to the band, and watching their videos, one can't help but sense modesty, and humor. This is a band that I would like to hang out with.
Overall, Fictionist gets five stars from me.

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/fictionistnoise?sk=info

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH3J3j6Z_0w&NR=1

Members:
Aaron Anderson, Robbie Connolly, Jacob Jones, Brandon Kitterman, Stuart Maxfield

Worth a listen!
Here's to a little rock in your lives,
Miranda

P.S. Find out if Fictionist advances in the Rolling Stone Cover Contest on March 16th!

No comments:

Post a Comment