Sunday, March 20, 2011

JAMESTOWN REVIVAL

Jamestown Revival- based on all the other descriptions I've read, I would not think they would be my taste at all. A folk/country duo with strong southern roots that are apparent in their music...but that isn't really true.
Yes, they do have a southern sound, but more reminiscent of the softer side of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Zac Brown Band, and James Taylor.
The lyrics are beautiful and sometimes sad, but the way their delivered make the songs less heavy, which gives it an understated feel. This is apparent in songs like "Looking For the Right Thing", where lyrics like "I have thought about throwing this all away.." are sung with beautiful harmonies and a light-hearted bass-line.
The voices of the duo blend together wonderfully, and the harmonies are simple in a way that makes you love them. One of my personal favorites that I've heard is "Beat On Down", a newer song by the band, and definitely worth a listen.
Jamestown Revival is part of the new folk movement, which I find gives the genre a more modern flair, and brings it to a wider audience.
Here's to a little rock in your life,
Miranda

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/jamestownrevival

Members:
Jonathan Clay and Zach Chance

No comments:

Post a Comment